Main Duties & Responsibilities
- The Electrical Technician shall be responsible for the maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, project and installation work on all plant electrical, instrumentation and electronic equipment, in order to improve operational efficiency and maintain continuity of plant operations.
- Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the mechanical efficiency targets as defined by management are attained by effectively troubleshooting and rectifying all machinery related issues in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) on any updates to manuals and/or upgrades to the equipment within the zones thereby ensuring all information is current and upgrades effectively implemented.
- Ensure the availability of all critical spares parts, tools, manuals and equipment to ensure all efficiency targets are met.
- Generate and present reports for management review as required.
- Ensure the calibration program is done effectively and in a timely manner.
- Training of technicians and operators to be more proficient.
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.Sc. Degree in Electrical and or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience in an intense or high speed production environment
- Supervisory experience of at least three years
- Good working knowledge of bottling plant machinery and systems
- Practical knowledge in troubleshooting sophisticated electrical and electronic circuits
- In depth knowledge of programmable logic controllers
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and electronics drawings
- Good problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong supervisory skills
- Computer literacy (Access, spreadsheets, word processing, AutoCAD)
- Ability to effectively function in an intense production environment where timelines and efficiency are critical, and with minimum or no supervision from plant management.
Interested persons must submit resume to the front desk or electronically no later than March 31, 2017
Caribbean Bottling Co.
Sir Milo Butler Highway
Nassau, The Bahamas